Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Bonjour Canada!

Welcome to my new blog, where I will attempt to recount how I inadvertantly learn about hockey, to speak french and other accidental Canadian experiences.

I've been in Drummondville, Quebec 4 days and here's what I've learned:
  • almost no French
  • Canadians love universal signs making the need for french minimal
  • Canada loves Rod Stewart- I heard "Fooled Around and Fell in Love" 3 times on the radio in the last 24 hours.
  • NBC, ABC, and FOX all come on in english (Dieu Merci! Heroes was awesome last night)
  • based solely on my experience, it rains 60% of the time and is cold 80% of the time
  • Cold in Celsius
So I'm here, I have plenty of space (more about the house later) and you must all come visit.

Au Revoir!

Vote Obama!

No comments: