Monday, July 16, 2007

Vacation is hard.

Okay, I've now spent 3 days chillaxing, sleeping in and vegetating and I got beef.

Watching tv in Quebec is tricky, more than half the channels are in French, and the US channels only stick to the regular schedules about 60% of the time. In my search for watchable TV I've taken up watching "CSI: Miami". Mostly its because its on every night against "CSI Las Vegas" which I hate.

But now I've watched 3 episodes of Miami and in every one they've shot a CSI and in two they killed off main characters. In the 3rd they killed off one of the CSI's wives who was the sister of another. How can I get into a show if they kill off all the good-looking characters? I still have to put up with Horatio, and I'm constantly in fear of the likable people getting shot. I cannot believe this is one of CBS's most successful shows. It hurts me.

I'm only slightly forgiving Canadian tv because I caught an episode of "My Name is Earl", and they have CMT. Late last night CMT showed "Great Balls of Fire", a fantastic movie which I highly recommend. If you haven't seen it, its about Jerry Lee Lewis. He's played by Dennis Quaid and Lewis' 13-yr-old cousin and bride is played by Winona Ryder. It is so disturbing, you'll love it.

So to summarize:
movies about incest and pedophilia - good
"CSI: Miami" - bad

Now back to Gone With the Wind, 1025 pages of vacationy goodness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He married his 13 year old cousin? Weird. Did Winona look 13?