Saturday, July 14, 2007

A Parade!

Last week I went to a parade in Drummondville. Drummond excitement?!?!?! Its true.

They've been having this Mondial festival which is an international dance festival and on Wednesday there was a parade. I went with Carolle, this nice lady that works at my office.

The parade started at 7:30 and the route was like 27 miles long, so it was more like 8:30 when we finally started seeing it. It was entirely composed of dance troupes from around the world and there were no floats, just trucks with big speakers. Interesting. I tried to take pictures, but by the time they were coming by it was pretty dark out so they mostly didn't turn out. I did get a few though and here they are:

The good people of Drummondville and Quebec, lining the streets in anticipation.


Traditional Quebecuois dancers, already its dark-ish, and this is the 1st group.


Apparently, clown school is considered a dancing troupe.


This is the only good picture I took in the dark, but it turned out f*cking awesome.


Well, this one turned out kind of okay, I think these were Russians.

After the parade there were fireworks down by the river, which started at 11pm. Coincidently this is also the time it started raining. Still, it was fun. Fun compared to other things I've done in Drummondville, of course. I got rained on at all of those too.

No comments: